Muni Insurance, inc.
|Posted on August 31, 2017 at 11:30 PM||comments (41202)|
|Posted on August 29, 2017 at 7:50 PM||comments (16464)|
People are always looking for ways to save, so I thought it would be nice to start off my insurance blog by listing the many Auto Insurance discounts you may qualify for. Keep in mind that discounts vary by carrier. For example, Safeco may offer a low mileage discount that Progressive does not.
1. Multi-Policy Discount - This discount applies when you have more than one type of policy with your carrier, for example when you bundle your Home & Auto Insurance.
2. Multi-Car Discount - This discount applies when you insure more than one vehicle.
3. Anti-Theft - This discount applies when you have an alarm system installed in your vehicle.
4. Low Mileage Discount - This discount is for keeping mileage down. In many cases, when insured have a secondary vehicle that they don't drive that often.
5. Passive Restraint- This discount applies when your vehicle has safety features such as airbags or motorized seatbelts.
6. Defensive Driver Discount - This discount applies when you take a defensive driver course.
7. Military Discount - This discount applies for members of the armed forces.
8. Occupational Discount - This discount applies when working for a certain company or in a certain field.
9. Full Pay Discount - This discount applies when you pay your policy in full at the inception of the policy.
10. Advance-Quote Discount - This discount aplies when you shop/purchase your policy several days before the start date of your policy.
11. Homeowner Discount - If you own a home or condo.
12. Loyalty/Tenure Discount - For being insured with the same carrier for a long period of time.
13. Paperless Billing - For receiving bills and policy documents via email instead of regular mail.
14. EFT Discount - For being enrolled in automatic payments.
15. Marriage Discount - For being married and having your spouse listed on the policy.
Note: Discounts vary depending on the carrier you go with, but always make sure that when you do choose a carrier that all the applicable discounts are entered in. This will ensure that you get coverage at a great price! If you have any questions about these discounts you can reach us via email, [email protected] or via telephone at (203) 527-3669.
- Frances Batista